Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Re-Upholstery Project


I have this dream of one day having my own take on a 'Friends' kitchen. I love that show so much and the kitchen is so bold and unique. I'm taking one step at a time to build my own bold statement kitchen. What I love doing all through out my house is mixing colors and patterns that most people would never dream of putting together, and making it work. So while I was shopping for new fabric for my chairs, I stuck with that same idea. I wandered around the fabric section of Hobby Lobby until I found 4 different fabrics that I loved together. My origional picks were pretty far outside of the box so for my husband's sake I  toned it down a bit. 
The lady who helped me was so puzzled at why I wanted these different fabrics, "You know these are different fabrics, right?" I told her my idea and she just stared at me, made me giggle a bit. So when I asked her to only cut me one chair's worth for each, I thought her brain would explode- I could just see her wheels turning.


This is what my chairs looked like before the make over. The suede was nice because it matched my couch and living room chair perfectly, but these chairs are in the kitchen, not the living room. So they needed to match my kitchen perfectly.









The finished product.. It's much more 'me' than the solid tan suede. I'm on the fast track to my perfect kitchen!





1 comment: